Upon receiving a shipment, we encourage each customer to thoroughly inspect the order for any missing or damaged items.
Any requests for credit or replacement not made within 48 hours of delivery will not be approved.
If any SKU(s) are missing or damaged, (Freight shipment damage/missing boxes or pallets MUST be noted on the delivery receipt) please email [email protected] within 48 hours with the following:
- Photos of damaged packaging/pallet
- If missing SKU(s), please include photos of shipment as received, along with showing the number of boxes received
- GEN-Y Sales Order/ Invoice # or your PO #
- List missing SKU(s)
- Any details regarding the conversation with the delivery driver, damage entailed etc.
Always contact us with any issues or return questions, we will always work with a customer; however, understand that most of our items require quite a bit of work to get them to you and we must recover these costs, unless the mistake is ours.
Once an order has been placed, we are unable to make any changes to your order. This includes adding or removing products, changing your hitch size (drop length or shank size), updating your shipping address, etc.
If you are needing to make any changes to your order, you will need to cancel your current order, make those modifications, and submit a new order.
Any cancellations after purchase will carry a cancellation fee of 10% of the total order value, unless the fault is ours, on account of processing beginning within minutes of orders being placed.
To cancel a current order and ensure it has not been shipped, please contact us at (574) 218-6363 Monday-Friday 7am-5pm EST for swift & effective processing. Email or Text is NOT recommended to cancel.
We are unable to cancel orders that have been shipped.
Change of address for UPS/FedEx Ground shipments is possible on occasion and will be subject to a $25 rerouting fee. Please call us at (574) 218-6363 to see if this is achievable for your order. We are unable to reroute Freight shipments. Original shipping cost will not be refunded.
GEN-Y Hitch values our customers and while we hope your purchase is exactly what you want, sometimes it’s just not the right fit for your needs. We understand and are here to help!
Please note, if GEN-Y product was purchased through a third party (Authorized GEN-Y Dealer, Amazon, etc.) Return/Exchange must be processed through said party.
GEN-Y Hitch will cover return shipping in the event the wrong product is sent, the product has a defect, or the product recommendation we make is incorrect. (GEN-Y will not be obligated to cover shipping when the customer provides the wrong weights to us in the course of a recommendation).
Customer is responsible for return shipping if: The product is no longer needed; or if incorrect drop, wrong shank size, or incorrect weight rating was ordered. Any original shipping cost will not be credited.
Returns shall be in original packaging or packaged in like manner to prevent damage in transit. Upon receiving this return back to GEN-Y, your item(s) will be inspected by Quality Control.
If a returned product is damaged or has to be re-coated for re-sell, GEN-Y Hitch reserves the right to refund accordingly to cover any repair or re-coating costs. If product needs re-coated, $25 will be deducted from your return.
Returns will be processed within 5-7 business days.
All returns must be sent back to GEN-Y within 90 days of initiating RMA.
Returns After 30 Days: If product is still in new condition, product can be returned for GEN-Y store credit minus a re-stocking fee of 20% of total purchase price, plus shipping and handling to return the item. Any original shipping cost will not be credited. Credits must be used within 90 days.
GEN-Y WHOLESALE ACCOUNT RETURNS:
Any Dealer returns must be submitted within 30 days of delivery date. Any Dealer refunds will be issued in form of credit to account. GEN-Y will not apply credits to an invoice unless we are asked to do so. Credits must be used within 90 days.
All returns must be sent back to GEN-Y within 90 days of initiating RMA.
This policy isn’t all encompassing and GEN-Y reserves the right to modify this policy or make exceptions at its sole discretion.
GEN-Y Hitch Minimum Advertised Price Policy for all Direct and Non-Direct Customers Dear Valued Customer:
Effective December 1, 2019
All GEN-Y Hitch branded parts will be subject to a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP). This policy sets forth the minimum price at which GEN-Y Hitch products can be advertised. Any company and/or individual including, but not limited to: installers, retailers, jobbers, dealers, internet retailers, and wholesale distributors (“resellers”) are subject to this policy.
GEN-Y Hitch is very proud of its strong brand and will continue to be the leading manufacturer with high quality standards, exceptional performance, and the best customer service in the industry. The GEN-Y Hitch MAP is designed to maintain the integrity and profitability of the brand across all channels and to continue providing consumers the highest level of value with quality parts and service. GEN-Y Hitch appreciates the value that our partners bring to the brand’s success and the market exposure needed for their partners to achieve success. MAP is being implemented with the goal of supporting GEN-Y Hitch partners by maintaining distribution channel health, without partners having to reduce the services that they provide their customers to compete.
By implementing this MAP, GEN-Y Hitch enables its partners to maintain the highest level of service that customers deserve. This policy will be strictly and uniformly enforced.
MAP Outline: Any customer engaging in any of the following actions shall be considered in violation of the policy:
- Advertising any or all of the GEN-Y Hitch product line at prices below the GEN-Y Hitch retail price in effect at the time the advertising is placed.
- Reselling any or all of the GEN-Y Hitch product line to any reseller who is in noncompliance with the terms of this policy. The following are examples of non-compliance:
- Any strike through or modification of GEN-Y Hitch price in advertising.
- Any public instant rebates or coupons listed on an advertising page that shall bring the price of the product below MAP.
- Any advertised listing or other price list that specifically states a price below MAP. Examples of Advertising: MAP policy applies to all forms of pricing and advertising whether in print or otherwise including, but not limited to: Direct mailers (including e-mail), List prices, Print ads (inserts, magazines, catalogs, newspaper, etc.), Broadcast (radio and TV), Fax submission, Internet (banner ads, broadcast emails, destination pages, third party sites), Billboards, Forum sites, Blog sites, Private Messaging (PM) or search engine listings showing prices, Resellers websites or web banners, Listings on shopper sites that accumulate and display pricing from unrelated websites, Any auction and mass listing sites including, but not limited to: eBay and Amazon, Instant Rebates or any other form of rebating.
GEN-Y Hitch will monitor independent and auction sites to identify sites which are non-compliant and will routinely notify customers of these sites. It is the responsibility of the customer once notified to refrain from selling to these resellers. GEN-Y Hitch will use its sole discretion when determining any other means not listed above for a reseller to discount pricing on products.
Non-compliance: Failure to comply with the GEN-Y Hitch MAP policy will result in the following penalties:
- Removal from the GEN-Y Hitch Dealer Locator
- Removal of authorization to use any and all trademarked or copyrighted GEN-Y Hitch logos, images, and or text.
- Being listed on the “Do Not Sell” email distributed to distributors
- Refusal by GEN-Y Hitch to sell its products or support the reseller in any way
Those to be found in non-compliance will be notified and provided forty-eight (48) hours to bring their pricing up to GEN-Y Hitch MAP standards. Failure to bring pricing to MAP standards and compliance will result in the customer being at risk of losing dealer status.
If the dealer/distributor does not change their pricing within 3 business days, they will be contacted one more time requesting that it be done within 24 business hours. This time if pricing is not brought up to MAP, the dealer will lose their dealer status for 30 days.
Upon a second MAP violation, a dealer/distributor will be given 24 hours to bring their pricing to MAP. If pricing is not brought to MAP, the dealer/distributor will lose their dealer status for a period of 90 days. If a dealer/distributor is found violating MAP for the third time in a calendar year they will immediately be terminated from dealer status. The only way to be approved for dealer/distribution status again will be through a meeting with GEN-Y Hitch staff, legal team, and the owner/general manager of the violating business where a legally binding contract will be put into place.
If a dealer/distributor in a 3 month period violates MAP twice but brings their pricing back up to MAP within the allotted time, they will lose their dealer/distributor status for a period of 30 days.
GEN-Y Hitch reserves the right to immediately and indefinitely discontinue selling its products to specific customers who are in violation of the policy. Although each dealer/distributor is free to choose whether or not to comply with the GEN-Y Hitch MAP, violation of the GEN-Y Hitch MAP will result in all pending orders being canceled, and no future orders will be accepted from the violating company. GEN-Y Hitch will actively and uniformly enforce this policy, and any reseller actions deemed to be in violation of the policy will result in loss of dealer/distributor status with GEN-Y Hitch. Loss of status will include loss of permission to use any GEN-Y Hitch copyrighted material including, but not limited to, marketing material, images, product descriptions, and GEN-Y Hitch company information.
A monthly “Do Not Sell” email will be distributed to all direct GEN-Y Hitch customers. This email will be a notification of those that have been added to the Do Not Sell list due to non-compliance with the GEN-Y Hitch MAP. Once listed on the Do Not Sell list all distribution to the reseller must end, thus being cut off until further notice.
This policy is non-negotiable. The GEN-Y Hitch MAP price is listed on its current Price sheet.
Exceptions to MAP:
- GEN-Y Hitch reserves the right to occasionally permit limited time sales of its products in connection with promotions for limited periods of time that might otherwise violate the terms of the policy and consider them to be exceptions to the policy. This will only be approved in writing upon approval of a marketing plan approved by GEN-Y Hitch.
- Promotional items, including decals, apparel, banners, etc. are exempted from this policy.
- Following pricing changes made by GEN-Y Hitch, GEN-Y will allow 30 days after price changes for those changes to be made by resellers before being considered as a violation and in conflict with this policy.
While each customer ultimately remains free to advertise or resell the GEN-Y Hitch product line at any price it chooses, GEN-Y Hitch will be enforcing this Policy uniformly and strictly.
In the event that a GEN-Y Hitch product is used, but still functional, it is not a violation of MAP policy to sell at a lower price than MAP.
Additional Policy Terms:
GEN-Y Hitch will give at least 30 days advance notice of any changes to the policy.
This Policy may be modified, extended, suspended, discontinued or rescinded in whole or in part by Notice from GEN-Y Hitch at any time. Any such Notice will describe the duration and nature of any such modification, extension, suspension, discontinuation or rescission of the Policy by GEN-Y Hitch. If there is any disagreement over the interpretation or enforcement of this Policy, GEN-Y Hitch’s ruling will control. Any change or modification by GEN-Y Hitch to any part of this policy shall not affect the remainder of this policy.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Logging into user account settings and updating the user account.
- Access your account settings and update preferences.