About This Product
The BOSS Torsion-Flex Pintle Plate is a result of the innovative fusion of the MEGA-DUTY drop hitch and TORSION-FLEX technology. Aside from being heavy-duty, fully adjustable, and versatile, the BOSS also features rubber torsion arms. This benefit allows for only 10% of the trailer’s inertia to be transferred compared to 100% you get from other hard connection hitches!
This decreased inertia offers several unique benefits by allowing the trailer to glide instead of bounce. Benefits include:
- Increased gas mileage
- Decreased wear on tires
- Enhanced control around bumps, potholes, curves, hills, and other drivers
- Less fatigue on the trailer and its contents
- Improved safety for family, friends, and livestock!
All GEN-Y products are rigorously tested and exceed the SAE-J684 Weight Testing Requirements. Never exceed recommended capacity on any trailer tow coupling or vehicle receiver hitch. Patents protecting the GEN-Y Boss (Torsion Flex) Pintle Plate include #(s) US9505281B1, USD773345S1, USD9868327B1
NOTE: The GEN-Y Boss (Torsion Flex) Pintle Plate is compatible with most (4-hole pattern) bolt-on pintle plate hitches on the market.
Product Features And Benefits:
- 2″ and 2.5” and 3” Receivers
- 16,000 lb, 21,000 lb, and 32,000lb Towing Capacity
- Drop/Raise Range: 5″ to 21″
- Fabricated with Heavy-Duty Steel
- >Sand Blasted and Coated with a Durable Silver-Vein Powder Coat
- Heavy-Duty Rubber Torsion-Flex Cords
- Tongue Weight Scale
- Made in the USA
- Engineered with SOLIDWORKS software
- 5 Year Warranty on Rubber Components, Limited Lifetime Warranty on Rest of Components
Tow capacity is limited by lowest rated component.
Average break-in period for hitch = 500 miles.
I have 2 of these setup a little different though as the trucks require different heights and I am too lazy to adjust them every time. I use them to pull a hydrovac trailer and find it eliminates the sloshing feeling you get when the tank is not completely full or empty. You still get some feedback from the trailer, but not nearly what I got before. The hitch is not light though, and you need to adjust the chains longer when using it. I don’t mind those 2 things if it allows be to have a smoother ride.
Ashley Styers –
Thank you for the review, Ben! It’s amazing what our TORSION-FLEX technology can do to your ride quality. We’re happy to hear your ride is so much smoother than it was before!